It has passed a couple of months, and now we're going to show you newly updated news and request for rivers and streams.
First of all, "Four River Restoration" will turn into a devastating mega-contruction project by Lee M.B. administration;
- More than 2.2 trillion won($17 billion or 12 billion euro), 10% of S.Korean GDP, will be squizzed out of TAX money, nothing from corporations/conglomerates as president Lee once mentioned during election campaign.
- 570 million m3 of sand and pebbles will be excavated on behalf of water quality improvement, Nakdong River will lose 440 million m3 of natural habitats for wildlife.
- 20 dams/weirs will block natural streams and transform rivers into artificial reservoir, and finally slow down the speed of rivers by 90%.
- 2/3 of South Koreans should give up drinking water supply during and everafter these mega construction works.
As tax money will be gone, welfare of citizens will be lost amid bulldozers.
More updates will be on and we need your help!
- Detailed information: why we oppose to Four River Restoration Plan by Lee M.B.
- Petitionsite will be open ASAP.
- Letter of Support is ready now.
- What Korean NGOs are campaigning to Save Rivers.